It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, and this week in particular I feel like it’s necessary. Not that there’s anything particularly bad going on, just that I’ve been struggling a bit, attitude-wise.
I started a new job back in mid-August (yes, *another* one), and I’ll fully admit that I’m struggling a bit with it. Once again it’s a job that’s completely different from anything else that I’ve done before, and once again, it’s taken me out of my comfort zone. I know that when I’m feeling happy and positive I keep telling myself that I *want* to be taken out of my comfort zone, so that I can grow and improve, but dang, when I do get pushed out of it, I always end up fighting it, kicking and screaming.
What’s up with THAT, hmm?
So while I’m struggling with being patient with the learning process and with staying positive, I thought that it would be good to remind myself of all the good things that have happened this week.
- The weather has been spectacular. The humidity has broken, the sun is shining, there’s a bit of crispness in the breeze. Now while I would love to hold onto summer for another month or two, I have to admit that fall is pretty lovely too.
- Both of my girls are loving school. They’re in grades 6 and 8 now, and though it’s still very early in the school year, they are both happy and doing well.
- Lil’ Mo started gymnastics on Wednesday – and LOVED it. Now, Lil’ Mo is one of those people who has a lot of natural athletic ability but doesn’t always make good use of it. She’s been really into doing just-for-fun gymnastics with her friends this past year. We enrolled her in a recreational class last winter and while fun, it wasn’t quite what she was looking for. We found another one and she attended the first class on Wednesday evening and is officially stoked about it. She doesn’t have any aspirations of being an Olympian or anything, she just wants to have fun and improve her skills. this is a non-competitive, recreational class and seems to be well suited for her. I love seeing her so excited about something.
- Wednesday was also CBG’s birthday. Because this week has been so dang busy, we decided to postpone birthday celebrations until next week. So while we kept everything low-key for now, we did go out for birthday ice cream on Wednesday night. More birthday fun will follow.
- I’ve been really enjoying my walks to and from work. It’s about a 4km walk each way, and I have to say, I’ve really been enjoying the longer walks again. It allows me time to just think…to process everything that’s going on right now, work-wise. And believe me, I need it.
- Date night. CBG and I have been making an effort these past few months to have a dedicated date night during the week. It’s never anything huge or magical, but it’s time we set aside to just spend some fun together. Thursday night we went to one of the local candy stores, looked around, frolicked, and got some treats to take home and enjoy.
- Girls weekend! This upcoming weekend it’s going to be just me and my girls, as it’s CBG’s away weekend. Definitely looking forward to some quality time with Kiddo and Lil’ Mo.
So there you have it – this past week in review, and some of the good things about it. After putting it all out there like that, things don’t seem so bad.