Sometimes I’m honestly amazed at how perfect CBG and I are for one another. I mean, we’ve had our issues over the years, particularly lately, but that certainly doesn’t erase all of the good things that we share. It took me a long while to realize that “perfect for each other” doesn’t necessarily mean “perfect all the time”, but now that I’m there, I can recognize that sure, he may drive me crazy sometimes, but there is no one else in this world that I would rather be with.
I was thinking last night about CBG’s funny little quirks and how these are some of the reasons why I love him so much. Quirks that might not be loved or appreciated by everyone, but they are certainly loved and appreciated by me.
And really, that’s what matters most, right?
So I know you’re dying to know — what exactly are these strange little things about CBG that I love so much? Here’s just a few of them off the top of my head:
- His manners. And not just any manners, I might add. They’re the small little things he does — out of politeness toward me. Like always holding the door for me when we enter a building. Or the fact that he closes the bathroom door to clip his fingernails. Some women wouldn’t care about that, and to be honest, before CBG I’m not sure that I did, either. But these are small little gestures I notice that just leave me smiling.
- His mad skills with an iron. Dude can iron. And he’s pretty picky about it, too. I love the fact that he cares about how he looks when he goes out in public, and doesn’t depend on me to take care of him in this department. Heck, he even irons for me in the morning now and again, too.
- The way he twitches when he falls asleep at night. Full disclosure: CBG and I are snugglers…at least for the first part of the night. And every night, as he is falling asleep, CBG has these strange little random body twitches — left foot, right shoulder, left hand…for a few minutes until he completely falls asleep. Like a dreaming puppy. And for some reason, every night it makes me smile.
- His love of music. He’s got some pretty crazy musical knowledge when it comes to song titles, bands, albums, etc. This came in handy more than once when we participated in music trivia games on our cruise ship vacations. I love how he puts so much thought into the playlists he creates for road trips together, or even when we’re just out running errands around the city. We don’t need to listen to the radio when we’ve got ‘CBG Radio’.
- His appreciation of grammar and spelling. I’m a stickler when it comes to grammar, and thankfully, so is he! And for some reason, I find that incredibly sexy in a man…and it’s definitely not something every man has.
I know that there are plenty more weird things I love about CBG, like I said, these are just a few I rattled off the top of my head. What about you? Are there any kinda weird things about your partner/spouse that you just love for whatever reason? I would love to hear about them.