There were several small joys this week. Joys that I took the time to notice and appreciate. Things that might otherwise have slipped through the cracks, going unnoticed, on weeks when I wasn’t paying attention.
But I did pay attention.
And here are some reasons that I’m glad that I did:
- A short early morning run for the first time in weeks.
- A snow day with my two special girls.
- Make up sex.
- An absolute perfect bowl of oatmeal.
- Feeling, without a doubt, how very loved that I am.
- A dinnertime picnic on the kitchen floor.
- The sound of the snow crunching under my feet on a walk to work.
- Reaching out in the dark and feeling CBG beside me.
- Bright winter sunlight bouncing off the brilliantly fresh snow.
- Falling even more in love.
- A heart-to-heart with my best friend.
- Shoveling with my daughter and breathing in the cold freshness of winter.
- Family dessert night.
- Feeling the boundaries of my love being tested and realizing that it runs deeper than I ever thought possible.
- Loving, loving, loving.