Things that made me smile yesterday
1. The sun. I’m lucky enough to work in a bright, sunny office space. I am one of those people who needs lots of sun to feel good. I got plenty of it the last couple of days.
2. Spending time with my co-worker’s dogs. Yes, folks, I work in a pet-friendly office. People routinely bring their pooches to work with them. Wednesday at lunchtime I got to run around our boardroom with the sweetest dog ever, who goaded me into chasing him. I’m not sure which one of us had more fun. Thursday? I took another co-worker’s dog for a walk in the glorious glorious sunshine around the neighbourhood. It was awesome.
3. Giving my first “official” office tour. My office is special because it showcases “green” renovations. One thing I do on my job is give tours to interested people. I gave CBG a tour when he was here, but today I got to do my first “official” tour. The lady I did the tour for was great, we had a lot in common and were able to chat it up while I did my thing. It was great.
4. Smelling fresh-cut grass on my walk home. First time this season. It’s up there on my top 5 favourite smells, right after CBG’s armpits and just before fresh strawberries, watermelon gum, and cat fur.
5. The world’s best brushetta for dinner. Yes, friends, I made it myself, and I stand by my “world’s best” declaration. How’s THAT for modesty?
The more I look, the more things there to be joyful about. Life just keeps getting better. Some days I’m still a little worried that someone’s going to pinch me and I’ll wake up. Until that happens, however, I plan on enjoying every single second of this.