I’m writing this post for me, because, to be 100% honest, I am feeling a little weighed down tonight. I think that a good part of this is hormonal…or at least I’m really hoping that’s the case. I wrote earlier tonight in my journal that I am refusing to let myself get washed away in a wave of negativity – I am going to swim against the current until I make it through, or die trying.
Inspired by CBG’s positivity post today, I realized that I need to take some time to remind myself of some of the goodness that is in my life at this very moment. Things I have to be intensely thankful for.
Because, tonight, I need the reminder.
– I’ve got my two lovely girls. I don’t even know what to say about them – they are my whole life. I love them intensely.
– I’ve got CBG and our miraculous second chance at love. I never imagined it would happen, but yet I am so grateful that it has.
– I’ve got my family, who, although they’re not perfect, they love and support me in their own way and have been a huge help to me in the last year or so of my life.
– I’ve got some very good friends. Not necessarily the friends I though I would have at this point in my life, but I am very grateful for who I have.These friends have proven that they are behind me when times get tough.
– I’m making new friends, too – like my friend tonight, “Dimples”, who I met on a dating website a couple of months back. We went out on one date but it never went anywhere (there just weren’t any romantic feelings on either part), but we have slowly been becoming friends since then. Hanging out with him is fun and easy. While we were sitting in the coffee shop tonight I was struck with the realization of what a good person he is. And I took a moment to feel grateful for the fact that I had the opportunity to meet him.
– I’ve got all my wonderful online friends. I am so glad that I made the decision to reach out into the online community for support. You all rock! Your support and your feedback means so very much to me.
When I stop and look around I can see that I have so much in my life to be grateful for. And not just big things, either. I have so many small things, as well – snuggles from my girls, the feel of the soft spring breeze on face tonight as I was walking home, finding some leftover Easter chocolate hidden away, the sunshine streaming through my window this afternoon…there really is goodness all around me.
Around all of us.
Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves that it’s there.