I went out for a run last night, and while I was out there, I got thinking about how much my life has changed in the last year. It’s certainly been intense at times. There were moments when I couldn’t imagine being where I am right now.
But here I am.
Here I am, happier than I ever thought I could be. Happy with a life that took shape seemingly on its own. Despite everything, I have been blessed in so many ways.
Last night when I was out running I thought about the coming year….things I want to accomplish, try, experience…and I thought that I’d write them down as a way of putting them out there in The Universe. Many of these are, fortunately, easily attainable.
- I want to start running regularly again. I’ve lapsed in my running, and I know that my mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual health are all much better when I’m out there on a more regular basis. The neck and back pain that I’ve been experiencing lately has been reminding me of that.
- I want to get back on track with eating. A year ago I called myself “a wannabe vegetarian”. While I gladly accept that full vegetarianism isn’t for me, I do know that I’ve been eating more meat than I would like (insert dirty joke here).
- I want to try a hot yoga class. A friend of mine has started going to hot yoga recently and has been singing its praises. She said the only way to make it better would be to add sex and chocolate to it. heh.
- I want to take a vacation with CBG. I don’t care if it’s a road trip, or an overnight vacation a couple of hours from home, but in 2010 I want to spend time with my man someplace other than our two home cities.
- I want my divorce to be finalized. I need to close this chapter of my life so I can truly move on to the next. Hopefully my ex and I will be able to, once and for all, work out the things that have been causing problems off and on in the last little while.
- I want to land a permanent job.I’ve been doing okay with the temp thing this past while, but the uncertainty of it does wear me down after a while. A permanent, full time job is what I’m truly after.
- I want to work on my friendships more. The friends who are in my life now are here for a reason. I want to work on enjoying and appreciating these amazing friendships that I have.
- I want to read more. I used to read a lot, and in the past couple of years, I haven’t been making the time for that like I should be. It’s time to get back on the bandwagon.
- I want to continue building my relationship with CBG. This is an easy one. Whether or not we live in the same city, he’s a permanent fixture in my life. It’s weird…in some ways I feel like I’ve known him forever, but on the other, I feel like we’ve only just begun.
So that’s it, kids. Just a few of the things I hope to accomplish in 2010. I’m sure I’ll think of more as the year goes on; this is just a starting point for me…but it feels good have this written down and put “out there” into The Universe.
What are some of your hopes, dreams, and goals for 2010?
Filed under: CBG, exercise, figuring stuff out, finding me, happiness, healing, me stuff, the Universe Tagged: | canadian bald guy, change, exercise, friends, goals, happiness, life, long distance relationship, relationships, singlemom